þriðjudagur, september 24, 2002

News and Olds...

This is the special English section of my lovely diary. I’ve been planning to tell ya’ll about what’s happening in my life, but I’m not too sure if there is anyone who actually reads this… so if you are reading this now and would like me to write some more, then please send me an email to haukurhauks@hotmail.com.

Anyway, here is the latest in my life.
I recently started working at the national sports stadium, where my club team Fram plays. It’s a shitty job, but it is a job… and I get money for showing up. I basically do nothing. I watch the grass grow and keep the place clean. Sounds like fun, eh!!! The demand for business majors is not very high. There are like 150 people that apply for every job that is advertised. I’ve made it to a few interviews, but that’s all…. I went to an interview last Monday for a job as an IRS investigator. That would be a great title. There were just five of us who made in to the interview (over a hundred applied). And if my stats don’t fail me, I think there is a 20% chance that I will get the job, and no standard deviation.

This is the first time that I’m at home this time of the year, and it kind of sucks. The weather is shitty, and it’s getting colder and darker every single day. I just wish I was somewhere else. Florida would be good!!!

I’m still with Harpa. We celebrated our 3 ½ year anniversary last Monday. We are still living at home, but we plan to move to her house about a month from today. We can live in her basement for free… not too bad for someone who has a stinking job.

Soccer is going fine. We made it to the cup final, and the game will be played on Saturday. Tommy, if we win you can maybe get some bonuses, you played against Keflavik under 23, K.R., and Keflavik, didn’t you? I read on the internet that Coastal soccer team is doing great. Must be the excellent coaching staff...!!!

I think that’s all for now.
Hauks